UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I had an accident on friday evening, no-one else involved,

Customer Question

I had an accident on friday evening, no-one else involved, I hit a garden wall. was subsequently arrested for drink driving. between the accident and being arrested I had some more to drink
my breath test taken in the police station 1.50 hours after the accident was 100 and 97
I was interviewed and charged the following day
What do I do now?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

When do you attend Court?

I assume you want to know what your sentence will be?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

25/02/2013 is the court date.

I would like to know the possible sentence and if engaging one of the specialist law firms that claim to get people off is a realistic approach?

The sentencing range is low level community order to high level community order (which is Probation such as unpaid work).

You will be disqualified for between 23-28 months.

This is assuming you have no previous for drink drive.

If you want a specialist law firm you are looking at around £10,000 in private funding costs.

You can get a duty Solicitor on the day, but if you were arrested and blew that reading, unless the procedure was flawed then you are guilty.

But the cost of a specialist firm is £10,000 for one day. This is a firm such as Nick Freeman.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are after but based on what you have said, this is the legal position.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Expert:  joannem1965 replied 4 years ago.

The answer is wrong. If you drank after driving then you do have a defence. They can do calculations though that will show when you consumed alcohol. If you had an accident as well that will increase the sentence.
You can get a BAC calculation done to show what the reading would have been when you had the accident.

From your question you do accept you had been drinking at the time of the accident. This is clearly serious which is why I gave the sentencing range above.

But you accept you had been drinking at the time of the accident - this is what causes you a problem.

I hope this clarifies.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had been drinking prior to the accident, and was probably over the limit anyway.

How do I get a BAC calculation?

You would need to get an expert to do that.

The cost is around £250-£500............

He produces a report. You say what you had been drinking and when.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

do you have the details of any specialist firms that do this?

http://www.keithborer.co.uk/services/view/alcohol-bac-calculations

For example.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you.

Welcome

Good luck with this.