UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I have received an e-mail from Mr Kerry XXXX,

Customer Question

I have received an e-mail from Mr Kerry XXXX, (*****@******.***) saying that I am due to inherit a large sum of money under the terms of the will of 'Engr David XXXX' . who died apparently on 21 February 2009. I have been asked to supply details of current address, full name, age, gender, occupation, status, and phone number and Fax No. Is this likely to be a hox. Even if it is, what is the danger of supplying the information required - as it seems all to be easily obtained information ? John XXX

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.
Do you know the deceased?
Have you been asked to pay anything?
The site blocks the email address provided - just tell me the bit after @........
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I hope you have had my earlier repy which stated#

a. I do not know the deceased

b. I have not yet been asked to pay anythiong

c.the e-mail was from '*****@******.***' and the 'reply to' address is '*****@******.***'.

John xxxxx

Then this is a scam.
This is quite common and it will be that they say you have a large amount of money and need to use your account.
They will then say there are fees to pay: tax documents, clearance certificates, to bribe officials etc.
The documents will look genuine.
But this is a scam.
If you google search advance fee fraud then you will see.
So yes, this is a scam.
I hope this helps.
Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.
Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Expert:  Shayne-cssm replied 4 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/7jciu-received-e-mail-mr-kerry-xxxx.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Im not sure if you got my reply but it is:
Then this is a scam.
The documents will look genuine.
But this is a scam.
So yes, this is a scam.
I hope this helps.