UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I gifted some of my land to the family 6 years ago with a

Customer Question

I gifted some of my land to the family 6 years ago with a verbal agrement that it was not to be sold as parents ashes were buried there and it was purchased by my geat grandfather in the 1800s. the family are now selling can I have a legal charge or stop the sale?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.
Did anyone witness the agreement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it was a while ago so not sure if the verbal agreement was with ou solicitor or not when gifting the land paperwork.

You could try to go to Court and get an injunction based on a breach of contract.
But you would have to prove that the gift was conditional.
I assume those who gained it will say that was not conditional.
That means you have to prove words used and that it was a conditional offer.
You bring the claim so you would have to prove it.
Agreements can be written as well as verbal but oral agreements are far harder to prove.
But if you bring a claim then you need to prove an oral agreement and that agreement was conditional.
I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want but based on what you have said and the fat there is a conditional oral agreement - this is the legal position.
Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.
Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for reply and you have taken one payment of 33.00 please cancel any further payments as I have contacted any further payments.

Please rate my answer and I can pass this to billing to make sure it is a one off payment.
Thanks!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
UK-Justice