12826847

the mortgage on the house where i live is about to paid off

Customer Question

the mortgage on the house where i live is about to paid off from an endowment policy,which i have paid over the past 25 years.also over that period i have paid 2 thirds of the actual interest.
my mother was paying the other third until she unfortunately died a few years ago, leaving no will and only a verbal statement saying to me the house will be yours when i am gone.
when my mother died i told the mortgage company that fact,they then sent me letter saying my name was not on the deeds but that i did not have to do anything yet.
my question is when do i need to do something and what do i need to do.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

What is it you want to achieve?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
Are you an only child?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no i have 5 sisters ,one who lives with me.

i am wondering what happens to the deeds with only a deceased persons name on them and the house when the mortgage is paid.

Do your sisters accept that the house is yours?
Claire