UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Why cant OVO energy take the 130.00 Government money sent

Customer Question

Why can't OVO energy take the 130.00 Government money sent to me to help pay towards the cost of my Electric and Gas bill. Thet took me on 14 months ago they have only been around for 3 years they promised me 65.00 a month would be enough then they pushed it uo to 70.00 then they sais I had to find 100.00 a month I tried to go with Scottish Power as they offered me 68.00 a month but OVO would not let me go as I owed over 200.00. Apparently they pay for a years gas up in front. Now they want 96.00 a month but now the arears are 420.59p I have just paid another 70.00. If I do not get the arears down they will make me have a prepayment meter I am 71 years of age I am registered Disabled with Arthritis I have a Husband who has had 3 heart attacks and I do not want the worry of having to go out and get money on a key for my electric and gas. My name isXXXXX and we are on Pension and Pension Credit. This is a very worrying situation for me. We do not smoke or drink we do not drive. Life is a struggle these days but we do our best to keep up with our bills. But I feel OVO have been very unfair about letting me run a bill up in the first place why did they not tell me in the beginning that 70.00 would not cover my bill. Also recently I had a very nasty fall and I satarted to get Double Vision I have since found out that I have had a mini-stroke behind one of my eyes. I am now awaiting results from blood tests ordered by my consultant. Please can you advise me in anyway what to do about OVO. I am on the Internet I have an email [email protected] Sorry to trouble you but I was advised to contact an Ombudsman.

Yours sincerely XXXXX (Mrs)
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

If you are unhappy then you should write to OVO direct and make a formal corporate complaint.

They will investigate the matter for you.

If you are not happy with their findings then you can contact the regulator.

They are free, independent and can examine your complaint for free.

They can be found at:

www.ofgem.gov.uk

They will investigate your complaint thoroughly.

Legally this is all you can do.

But take the steps:

1) formal written complaint
2) complain to regulator

I realise that this is stressful but hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice