12826847

my husband and I separated a few years ago. I bought him out

Customer Question

my husband and I separated a few years ago. I bought him out his share of the property
and title deeds transferred into my name. We reconciled a number of years later and bought a new home together. I kept the initial home which is mortgage free and which I rent out. I have always contributed all the rental income into our joint account.
The marriage isnt working an we are splitting agin. He is demanding half of the first property (my home).
I also paid the 50,000 deposit on our new home he contributed nothing...spoken agreement I would get back if our relationship broke down. How likey would that be.
This is my sons inheritance and my husband is a heavy gambler...hence my concerns!
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Please give me the following information.

What is the property worth?

If you have a mortgage how much is outstanding?

How long together?

Other assets or pensions, savings, etc?

Both incomes?

Do you have children and if so how old are they?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The 1st property in question (mine) is worth £100,000

The second £220,000 with 150,000 mortgage

My income £47 500 approx

Partners 31,000

Children are over 21yrs

Both contribute to work pensions.

married in total 25yrs split 2003, reconciled 3yrs ago...I left to work away 1yr later due to problems in relationship, contributed all income to home. Been at home past year. Relationship not working due to husbands unreasonable behaviour!!

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I am going to refer this to a colleague for you. No need for you to do anything.
Was there a separation agreement or anything similar signed at the time of the first separation?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I asked my lawyer to draw up formal separation.

But I did not get anything to sign apart from the legal paper

around the house sale.

Was there any correspondence which dealt with what was agreed
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

only the transfer of title deeds and letters fro solicitors discussing the agreement and strongly advising my husband to seek legal advice

Are you now planning a divorce?
Claire