UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

The boundary fence belongs to our neighbours. Recently my

Customer Question

The boundary fence belongs to our neighbours. Recently my husband attached rope to the fence posts to support trees on our side during the bad weather. We have cctv evidence of our neighbour leaning over the fence to cut the ropes we had supporting our trees. Is this a criminal act on their part and if so what can we do?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Have you reported this to the Police?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not yet, I need to know if what they have done is a criminal act.

Yes this is criminal damage.

If your neighbour cut the rope and it belongs to you it is criminal damage.

As such you can report this to the Police - they can investigate and prosecute where necessary.

You should also get the cost of the rope back!

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My husband phoned the police who viewed the evidence, they are checking with their senior about charging the neighbour with criminal damage and trespass.

OK