12826847

We live in Lennoxtown, Glasgow, we drove down south to Reading

Customer Question

We live in Lennoxtown, Glasgow, we drove down south to Reading last friday (feb 1st) and bought a Renault Traffic van from "ANCHOR VANS" on Bath Rd. We headed back up to Scotland the next day (sat afternoon) the vans gearbox failed towards the end of the journey making it almost impossible to engage. we struggled home & reported the matter to Anchor vans, they have offered to repair the gearbox & pay for it. They said we had a 48hr "cooling off" period if we had any second thoughts regarding the purchase which they now appear to be somewhat vague about. Your opinion? thankyou, Mr S Dunphy.
What would you specifically like to know?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972 are we within our lawful rights to pull out of the deal without losing any monies due to being sold goods not fit for purpose? what about work we have had to defer/lose due to not having the vehicle?

Did you agree a cooling off period under the contract?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972 This is alluded to in my initial query, have you read it?

Would it be possible to give me the information I asked for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972 I would like to dispense with your services. I would appreciate your letting me know of any costs incurred on my behalf. thankyou,

Hello, I see you have decided not to work with my colleague so I can help you instead if you wish. I have read your comments but can I please clarify the cooling off period with you as it is not clear whether you had this specifically written down in a contract or if it was just something the seller had mentioned verbally?