12826847

I ordered a garden room from a firm who stated that they dealt

Customer Question

I ordered a garden room from a firm who stated that they dealt with installation from foundation up and who categorically stated that I did not require a concrete slab. When they arrived with all materials, the men said I did need one, for which I paid extra. They left to allow the slab to set and two weeks later two different men arrived from the firm to complete the installation. They said they could not proceed as the slab was unsatisfactory and would have to be removed and reinstated. I have now had the slab removed by a local firm but I have lost confidence in the firm from whom I had ordered the room. I have written by recorded delivery requesting the return of my deposit (paid by credit card), plus the cost of removal of slab etc and asking that they remove timber that they left on my premises, which was due to be used in the installation, giving them two weeks to do this. I have had no reply. Can I use the timber if they don't collect within the two weeks to set against my expenses incurred in prepariong the site?

Why have you lost confidence?

On what basis?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As Stated; They first said I did not require a slab, then said I did, and made such an appalling job of laying it that I have just spent £620 having it removed.