12826847

My partner of 4 years an I decided to buy a house, we are expected

Customer Question

My partner of 4 years an I decided to buy a house, we are expected to pick up the keys on Friday. However, I have just found out that he has put everything in his name only, like the mortgage and the deeds to the house etc. Will I have any rights in that house if everything is in his name?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
What financial contribution will you be making - and what explanation has he given for this?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I work part time as I have 2 children at home. He is putting a deposit down and will pay the mortgage. the reason he is doing this is because he go divorced a few years ago and she took him for every penny she could. We have discussed this, I am not interested in his money in the slightest, I'm just worried that if things do go wrong he can simply evict myself and my children and there's nothing I can do about it.

Are the children also his children?
Claire