12826847

I booked a holiday to jamaica in september and took out a travel

Customer Question

I booked a holiday to jamaica in september and took out a travel insurance for my elderly mother and uncle my uncle took sick and was hospitilised for 4 days I contacted the insurance company on the very day he went in there was communication between the hospital and the insurers forms was sent and filled out and signed the hospital ask me to use my credit card as deposit until they could confirm the insurers i agreed because i had no choice my uncle was ill and he does not have a credit card when i rang the insurance company they said every thing was in hand they are taking care of it.
To my amazement when i receive my credit card bill the hospital had taken the full amount of the medical cost from it i contacted the hospital to find out why they said they did not hear anything more from the insurers, i then contacted the insurers and explain what happened they said since the hospital has taken the money they will no longer deal with the hospital they will now deal directly with me they ask for all the bills and receipt which i had to send to them about 3 times also reminding them that interest was been accured on my credit card they have now sent me a cheque which is less than the hospital bills they have also diducted money they say for the credit card transaction that they say they are not paying a fee i paid a local doctor to see if my uncle was fit to to travel and accommidation that i had to pay for to stay near by the hospital so i could visit him and leaise with the doctors on top of that they are not meeting any of the interest that accured on my credit card.

What if anything can i do about it
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Have we spoke about this before today?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not sure what's happening

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have not received an answer from the expert to my original question

Forgive me I went to bed.

What do the insurers say?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Am still awaiting a reply from the insurers