How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Stuart J Your Own Question

Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22591
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

RA - amm

Customer Question

I have to make a 1975 inheritance act claim for reasonable financial support from my late husband's estate and have only a few weeks left in which to do so. Please tell me if I can obtain a form from the court to fill in to do so as I do not have legal representation. Because I own half the matrimonial home I am told I do not qualify for legal aid and I can not afford to pay privately.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

What exactly have you tried which has failed?

Were you married and living together when he died?

Can we have full background as to why you need to do this please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We were together for more than twenty years. We lived together, then married in June 1996. My husband was very ill for ther last 12 years and I nursed him and kept him alive for most of that time. While my husband was in hospital his sister took a solicitor to his bedside and obtained my husband's signature on a power of attorney document and said her brother was not married and claimed to be his next of kin. His sister then began the process of signing all our money over to herself including my husband's £5,000,000 inheritance from his parents and she then gave my share to my husband's first wife. She was aided by a woman solicitor. That solicitor was involved in the making of my husband's Will which leaves me nothing. The solicitor also split the tenancy on the matrimonial home during the making of the Will. I have to rely on benefits and am now in a rented flat as I could not afford to continue to live in the matrimonial home.

The legal practice which acted for my sister-in-law in signing away my husband's estate (Beech Jones Law) even though they knew my husband had a wife after I sent them my marriage certificate, are also acting as executors and treating me like a criminal since I came across a copy of my husband's Will whilst sorting through his papers. That will was never meant to see the light of day.

My husband owned many rental properties which were purchased with the money my sister-in-law signed over to herself and the rental money from the properties goes to my husband's three children by his previous marriage.

Please let me know if you require further information.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Have you been to the police?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please use the e-mail address I have given you.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
We cannot have contact outside the site. Sorry

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions