UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

i purchased a car 2 weeks ago from a garage with 2 years warranty

Customer Question

i purchased a car 2 weeks ago from a garage with 2 years warranty left on it
after a week the battery light came on so took it to a ford dealer for repair
the ford dealer said the car had been in a accident and the repairs where no very good
also if the problem with the battery light was due to the accident it would not be in the warranty and would be chareable what are my rights. the cost of the car was £12000
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

What does the warranty say about accidents and repairs?

Does it exclude this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i do not no what the warranty says all i know it has 2 years ford warranty left

but apart from the warranty should the car dealer be responsible

I agree, the dealer should be responsible.

This is because they sold you the car with the warranty left.

Whatever was done with the previous owner is a matter for the dealer and them.

They sold you the car with the warranty left.

If they refuse to do the work then you can get 3 quotes to do the work.

Then you can pick the cheapest and ask them to do the work and if they refuse you can sue them for breach of contract.

You can do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk - you will have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim.

If the claim is below £5000 it will be a small claim and you wont need a Solicitor.

You will be surprised how quick matters are resolved once proceedings are issued.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.