UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007

We booked a holiday to Sorrento Naples,and was told we could

Customer Question

We booked a holiday to Sorrento Naples,and was told we could only fly from Stansted or East Midlands Airport. I kept saying,we live in Bristol and wish to fly from Lulsgate Airport.
I was told,that was not possible,so after much debate we decided to fly from Stansted.We
paid out deposit.
When the paper work arrived ,the flights were 6am.meaning a over night stay, again I protested and spoke to the manager,saying we lived so near to Lulsgate, He could not help,or would not help. so we had to lose our deposit .There were flights from Lulsgate
and have now booked with Thompson,What a quick way to make £400.00 There were
4 people in our party.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like my deposit repaid, (£400.00

Did you not ask about flight times?

How did you pay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I paid by credit card.

I am checking the times we were told ?

Thanks, please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We were told the flight time at 10am,.then it changed to 6am.Flight .

As we thought we could only fly from Stansted we,accepted it.

It was later ,we learnt we could fly from Bristol.I again protested to the manager. to no avail.

You could claim breach of contract due to misrepresentation.

This is where you are induced into a contract because of a representation that turned out to be false.

Here you have 2:

1) cant fly from Bristol
2) flights at 10am

As such you can claim for breach and claim a refund on the amount paid.

You should write and ask for a refund or say you will go to Court within 14 days.

If they refuse then you should issue proceedings.

If you paid by CREDIT card (not debit) then you could also add your card provider as second defendant as they are jointly liable under the Consumer Credit Act.

You can issue proceedings online at: - you will have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim.

As your claim is below £5000 it is a small claim and you wont need a Solicitor.

You will be surprised how quick matters are resolved once proceedings are issued.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?