UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I was on holiday in Egypt when i was knocked over by a pickup

Customer Question

I was on holiday in Egypt when i was knocked over by a pickup truck the driver did not stop and i fractured my ankle and had to have an operation in the local clinic in Luxor,my insurance company paid for everything including paying for my friend to stay another week to care for me and flying us back home,is there any way of claiming compensation for my loss of holiday and injuries/
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

I am sorry to say yes but it is difficult.

What you would need to do is issue proceedings in Egypt.

You can not issue proceedings in the uk as the accident happened in Egypt and uk judgements are not recognised there.

So while you could issue proceedings you would need to instruct and pay for a lawyer in Egypt.

This could be very complicated and expensive. As a uk lawyer I can not advise on the legal process in Egypt.

So while in theory yes you could sue cross border litigation is very expensive.

I realise that this may not be the answer you want but I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply i thought this might be the answer but it was worth a try.

Welcome.............
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice