Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

Hello - Can you please help me. I have had 2 endowment policies

Customer Question

Hello - Can you please help me.
I have had 2 endowment policies which matured last year both of which under performed.
I was notified that they both wouldn't achieve thier target one with Norwich Union (previously Commercial Union) and the other with Prudential (previously Scottish Amicable).
A Company called EMCAS (Website www.emasuk.co.uk) have contacted me saying that they may be able obtain some money on the basis that these polices were mis-sold.
My question is if a claim is made by EMCAS on my behalf can these insurance companies make a counter claim on me in anyway. Many thanks
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Endowment miselling has been an issue for along time so I am a little surprised you have not been contacted by the advisers who sold you the policies. Firms handling these claims simply submit them to the financial services compensation scheme or the product providers. There is no comeback on you at all unless legal proceedings are issued which should not happen. The FSA is not kee onthese intermediairies because you can make the claim yourself if it is a valid one.

If you go to the FSCS website here:
http://www.fscs.org.uk/what-we-cover/products/endowments/?&gclid=CO_kxMuSp7UCFWbKtAodC14AOg

and scroll down to endowment factsheet, you can see if you are elgible to make a claim. You can save a lot of money by doing it yourself