12826847

Hi, basically, my cousin has been making malicious phonecalls

Customer Question

Hi, basically, my cousin has been making malicious phonecalls to my daughters school. also to my sons portage group and to social services and the police, how can i stop her???? there is no substance to any of these allegations apart from my cousin has a serious physicatiric disorder and wont leave me alone
What are you hoping to do about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to know if i qualify for legal aid as I receive DLA for him, if i do i want to take her to court for slander

No, you will not I'm afraid.

Defamation is a very expensive action and there is no legal aid. It will cost in excess of £25,000 to bring a contested claim and it can only be privately funded.

The statements she has made may amount to defamatory ones but the problem would be costs.

You may have a harassment argument as well here but you would also have the risk of adverse costs.

This type of action is not one that you could fund by legal aid Im afraid.