UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I have huge debts and close to bankruptcy and have a baliff

Customer Question

I have huge debts and close to bankruptcy and have a baliff who wants to remove items from my home. My wife works and everything we have she has bought and everything I have earned has gone into paying bills and debts. Is there anything my wife can do to declare what belongs to her bearing in mind all we have now was paid for with cash? My debts related to a failed business and a gambling problem I once had. Thanks Chris
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Have you let him in yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not let them in but the debt is for CSA payments that I have a dispute over and my evidence for the dispute is now with Fraud and Child Benefit Team. Until then I must pay by way of attachments of earnings to my wages end of February. I wanted to know what my wife can do to protect what she has worked and paid for.

Dont worry.

In terms of bailiffs then you dont need to let them in.

They have no right of entry and can not force their way in.

So dont let them in, if you do they can take walking possession.

If they can not come in, they can not take anything and you do not need to worry about what you or your wife owns.

No matter what they say - do not let them in.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, your answers were obvious ones to me so may I ask you how can I legally arrange a Statutory Declaration for goods that are in our house but belong to my wife and not me?

You dont.

You just need to provide some sort of evidence.

There is no stat dec you can make in terms of goods.

You just need evidence.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what is sufficient evidence when goods have been paid for in cash as we have no debit or credit cards? Thanks
You should have a receipt or something.

That is enough............

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice