13262538

my niece is 20 years old her parents sent her to us from another

Customer Question

my niece is 20 years old her parents sent her to us from another country and ask us to be her guardian we live in the Falkland islands can we be her guardian as she is of sound mind thank you.
Expert:  John Knox replied 4 years ago.
Where has she been sent from please?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
In the Falkland Islands as in the UK the age of majority is 18 and notwithstanding the law in her country of origin whilst in the Falklands this young lady has no need for a legal Guardian - although you can of course agree to support her whilst she is with you
Claire