UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007

Could you advise us please, we were a customer of Talk Talk

Customer Question

Could you advise us please, we were a customer of Talk Talk and requested to transfer the service they provided us with to our new property when we moved house. They were unable to do so as our new property's location didn't allow Talk Talk to provide us with with broadband. They could only provide us with line rental. I discussed this with an advisor, he apologised for not being able to provide the service that we required and told me to post them back the router. I believed that the contract had been stopped but later found out that Talk Talk were still taking money from our account. I them stopped the direct debits and recieved demands from Talk Talk for increasing sums of money. They have now instructed someone to 'collect' the money for them. Is this correct?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Have you raised a formal complaint yet with Talk Talk?

So they are trying to charge you for a service they could not provide?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not filed a formal complaint. We decided to move into my husband's parent's old house to help get it ready to sell. Talk Talk could not transfer our package to that property as they had no broadband 'rights' in that area. The Talk Talk advisor apologised and told me to return the router. We recently have moved back to our own house and got a letter from talk talk telling us the BT were taking over our line rental etc and that we owed them money. But nobody was in the property using a phone.

First you should lodge a complaint with Talk Talk.

They can NOT charge you for something that they have not provided.

Their address is:

Customer relations department
TalkTalk Group
P.O. Box 360
SO30 2NP

You should allow them to investigate this complaint for you.

If you are not happy with their response then you can complain to the Ombudsman.

They are free, independent and can investigate your complaint for free.

They can be found at:

This should resolve the problem.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?