UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Hi I bought a hou 2 years ago from a developer called Gilbert

Customer Question

Hi I bought a hou 2 years ago from a developer called Gilbert Homes the house has a Daikin heat unit which supplies us with our heating and water but in the whole 2 years we have lived here it has broken down 22 times leaving us with no heating or water usually at the coder time of year . To this day the developer has a company come out and tinker with it as this company understands Daikin supposedly . The people who installed the Daikin unit rads underfloor and pipes all connecting the parts to each other were employed by Gilbert Homes and were called Rbs a man called XXXXX XXXXXet commissioned this unit has no gone bust . So can you please tell me who is actually responsible for this situation and who do I go after as I have run out of patience and would like to install a normal gas boiler but quotes for ths are 4 thousand pounds
Annie Gibb XXXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

The developer are the ones I assume you paid, Gilbert Homes?

As such they are responsible for any faults.

Have Gilbert gone bust did you say?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, still trading.

You should get a quote to get it boiler heated or have the current system fixed.

You need to get 3 quotes for this and pick the cheapest.

You should then write to Gilbert and say you want the matter resolved within 28 days or say you will go to Court.

You paid them to your contract is with them. Do not be fobbed off if they say someone else installed it - that is not your problem. You paid Gilbert and they are responsible.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings in the County Court.

If the claim is for £5000 or below then it would be a small claim and you wont need a Solicitor.

You can issue a claim online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk - you will have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim.

You will be surprised how quick matters are resolved once proceedings are issued.

I realise that this is stressful but hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice