How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question

UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

Hi I bought a hou 2 years ago from a developer called Gilbert

Customer Question

Hi I bought a hou 2 years ago from a developer called Gilbert Homes the house has a Daikin heat unit which supplies us with our heating and water but in the whole 2 years we have lived here it has broken down 22 times leaving us with no heating or water usually at the coder time of year . To this day the developer has a company come out and tinker with it as this company understands Daikin supposedly . The people who installed the Daikin unit rads underfloor and pipes all connecting the parts to each other were employed by Gilbert Homes and were called Rbs a man called XXXXX XXXXXet commissioned this unit has no gone bust . So can you please tell me who is actually responsible for this situation and who do I go after as I have run out of patience and would like to install a normal gas boiler but quotes for ths are 4 thousand pounds
Many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

The developer are the ones I assume you paid, Gilbert Homes?

As such they are responsible for any faults.

Have Gilbert gone bust did you say?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, still trading.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.

You should get a quote to get it boiler heated or have the current system fixed.

You need to get 3 quotes for this and pick the cheapest.

You should then write to Gilbert and say you want the matter resolved within 28 days or say you will go to Court.

You paid them to your contract is with them. Do not be fobbed off if they say someone else installed it - that is not your problem. You paid Gilbert and they are responsible.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings in the County Court.

If the claim is for £5000 or below then it would be a small claim and you wont need a Solicitor.

You can issue a claim online at: - you will have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim.

You will be surprised how quick matters are resolved once proceedings are issued.

I realise that this is stressful but hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?


What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice