if i have been given a two year sentence I admitted to the

Customer Question

if i have been given a two year sentence

I admitted to the offence within 5 minutes of the interview

Am of previously good character

How much time will i spend in prison - I am getting lots of conflicting advice

I have tried to compare to those in the papers but have been told that if they quote 22 months that is before any deductions for admittance etc

Please could you advise
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know what we you sentenced for?

I have been asked to look at this. What is the trigger offence
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The trigger offence is fraud by abuse of position - I took £155; and have paid back £25k

Do you mean 2 years to serve?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I have been told that I will be given two years total

You would serve half of any custodial sentence actually imposed upon you less any time spent on remand although I imagine you are not remanded from this post.

You would also be a candidate for early release on curfew at the halfway point of the serving period.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But people talk about this "third" off for having told the truth at the very beginning so if two years imposed is that after the third off or before the third off

Also they talk about the early curfew but that is after a quarter is served but you say halfway?

I am getting so confused!

You will get a third reduction for an early guilty plea but that would be taken off the starting point not the end sentence.

So if you are given 2 years by the judge the reduction would already have been applied.

It isn't quite a quarter for HDC but its not a half either. That was a typing error. Its a mathematical calculation. You will find details on it here

Probably just over a quarter in total but before half.