12826847

iam a landlod and run a 20 bedroom hmo house my licence

Customer Question

iam a landlod and run a 20 bedroom hmo house my licence expired on may 2010 and i continued renting to tenents up to date both council and private the council has been paying for some tenents directly to my account and after an investigation thet told me to apply for a hmo licence which i did only to be told a few months later that they wont approve it and that i must pay all the rents recieved from 2010 ass well as other summons what can i do
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

On what basis was it refused?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the house was all done up to hmo council standerds and was rented out to a company based in manchester called upm properties whom took out a 5 year hmo licence on my name which they later revoked after only 18 months because they ran out of buisness i took back the property and managed it and the council said that i prought a gas certifcate late after applying for the licence and asked for all the moneies to be payed back and suspended me as a landlord as from january

my rent was due today for the tenents that are in the house and that they pay for but they have kept the money so what can i do with the tennents

So it is on the basis of the gas certificate they are refusing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can u recommend someone resonable that can help in liverpool

I am just asking is it only on the basis of the gas certificate they are refusing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can u recommend a law firm in liverpool that can help as i dont think you can help with this matter on line

I just need to know on what basis they refused.