Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

ch:mn

Customer Question

someone refusing to pay
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

How much is outstanding to you please?

JACUSTOMER-3qhoyn8z- :

hie its about £405.00

Max Lowry :

Okay. Then the easiest way to do this is online in the small claims court at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

JACUSTOMER-3qhoyn8z- :

how do i do this

Max Lowry :

This would be issuing County Court proceedings, which would be served on them a few days later.

Max Lowry :

Go to the web address, and fill in their online forms.

Max Lowry :

It's pretty easy to navigate and complete.

Max Lowry :

If you have any problems with it, just come back and ask for more help, and I'll gladly assist without further charge.

JACUSTOMER-3qhoyn8z- :

so does this meen you are charging me for this , and is this the service i have paid for

Max Lowry :

You deposited a sum of money with us?

Max Lowry :

That's the only sum you would pay - nothing more.

Max Lowry :

And if you're a subscriber, you pay nothing more either.

Max Lowry :

I hope this answers your question. If you need further information, just let me know. Please do remember to rate my answer as highly as you can.

JACUSTOMER-3qhoyn8z- :

right i have tried this wesitan helpe , but now i am facing to pay the form submission and the court charges is there any otherway to go about this

Max Lowry :

You can get an exemption from Court charges if you are on benefits or cant afford it.

Max Lowry :

Does this apply?

JACUSTOMER-3qhoyn8z- :

i am not on benefit i do work and the amount will just take all i am owed

Max Lowry :

Okay - then there is no way to avoid the Court fee unfortunately. The debt is too small for a statutory demand (which doesn't include Court fees). So, you have no choice unfortunately. The Court fee though is about £25, so although not idea, it's not too bad, and if you can't afford it, as I say, the Court will give you an exemption if you can show your incomings/outgoings leave you with little.

Max Lowry :