12826847

Have a dispute with a furniture company called "The Great British

Customer Question

Have a dispute with a furniture company called "The Great British Mobility Group Ltd" over a rise and recliner chair that 'creaks and groans' as it is raised and lowered. Have had technicians check it four times and the last report sates that the fault is 'within manufacturing tolerance' although the chair still makes quite a noise and the technician report says no further action is required. I had asked the company for a replacement for the chair or a refund for the whole suite, which cost me £6,550.00 Can you offer any advice?

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

WITH ADVICE ON WHAT COURSE OF ACTION I SHOULD TAKE TO GET SATISFACTION FROM THE COMPANY TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE

What are you hoping the company will do?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hopefully replace the faulty chair if not, give a refund

I'm really sorry but that is just not a realistic expectation unfortunately.

Come what may, this has been examined by technicians and the view is taken that there is no fault in need of remedy.

Thats not to say that you cannot still sue upon the Sale of Goods Act and potentially win but clearly the court will be influenced by the expert reports gathered so far. Unless you could gather a report from an expert who is going to say credibly something contradictory there is no realistic prospect of success at court.

I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For JOMO1972

I am waiting on copies of reports from a firm called ' Eco Master ' whose technicians inspected the chair on four occasions and the technicians informed me that the chair was irrepairable and that they were recommending ,in their report, a replacement chair. The company then sent a different company who reported there was a fault but that it was ' within manufacturing tolerance ' and that no further action was required. The chair is still faulty and when I receive the copies of the I will still pursue the company for a replacement chair

If you have a report to the contrary then you may have a chance of doing so.