12826847

My daughter has just been thrown off her childrens nursing

Customer Question

My daughter has just been thrown off her childrens nursing course in her 3 rd year.
She copied a friends essay but there were mitigating circumstances ie she has OCD/ and Anxiety problems. She has done nothing like this before and her placements were all 100o/o. It seems so disproportionate. Can she take her case forward and say that she has been dscriminated against.?

Its always possible to appeal these things but realistically it would be irresponsible of me to tell you there is any prospect of success.

The first point is that she hasn't been discriminated against. They are not acting for any unlawful reason. They are taking action because she has been caught plaguarising which is reasonable.

You could appeal on the basis that the punishment was disproportionate but the truth is that sadly it was just plain not. Plaguarism is taken incredibly as its strikes at the integrity of the course.

I do realise that she has difficulties but they are not really ones that excuse or even tend to point to an act of plaguarism.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.