12826847

ch:mn

Customer Question

I have a main drain that serves several properties on my estate in my garden. I have been told by the contractors for the new builds (Town & Country), that the planners had made a mistake, the drain should have been positioned on the road and not in an individual property.
Since taking up tenancy in 2000, I have constantly communicated to my housing association about the inconvience caused by drain operatives calling at all hours for access to the drain and I felt I should be compensated for this. I informed them about the damage caused to my property(garden slabs, with constant removal) for which the housing association has already had to reimbursed me for slabs.
I have relayed to the H.A that the advise from the drain operatives is to replace present manhole cover with an upside down manhole cover which would alleviate further damage to garden slabs.
My estate manager felt that I was aware of this when I took the tenancy it was in the agreement, which was not mentioned either written or verbally. For the last 13 years its been looked into by numerous seniors and management as to whether or not I'm entitled to any sort of compensation or annual payment. Could you please advise.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I

Am I entitled to any compensation or annual payment?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
In the last 13 years, how many times has the garden been uprooted! How many times do people call? What type of tenancy agreement. Do you have?