29905560

I was 65 on the 7th November 2011 and as I enjoy the job I

Customer Question

I was 65 on the 7th November 2011 and as I enjoy the job I wrote to my employer requesting that I be allowed to continue working indenfinately for as long as both I and he
were happy to do so.
On Friday 30th November last he called me to a meeting and asked why I had not requested to continue working. I said that I was unaware that I needed to write to him again as we had previously agreed to continue.
It was at this point that he told me that the order book had reduced from £450k per month to £300k per month and that he needed to cut costs and save money.
He then told me to think of other areas where I might be able help younger members of the management team and we would discuss it on the following Monday 3rd Dec 12 .
Oviously I was taken back and spent a very uneasy weekend, however the MD was not in the office that week at all but we spoke on the phone and he said not to worry as he felt sure we could come to an agreement.

Nothing else was said about the matter and I continued to carry out my duties as Warehouse and Logistics Manager until yesterday when I was called up to his office to be told that he could not offer me anything in the factory and needed to cut costs but he did suggest that I may consider doing some out work. I expalined to him that I need to carry on working as I enjoyed the job and my colleagues and also that I still had a mortgage to pay off.He closed the meeting and told me to think it over and we would meet again on Thursday ( tomorrow )

Can he actually go back on our agreement to allow me to work indefinately and can he make me leave to cut costs.
Also am I entitled to redundency payments as the Age UK web page says.

Malcolm Fancourt
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know what is the actual reason for not allowing you to carry on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For Ben Jones Only

The only thing I have been told is that he needs to cut costs

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for Ben Jones only

the only thing I have been told is he needs to cut costs

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For Ben Jones Only

Is that it ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.

Sorry I was offline by the time you had responded last night. Have you actually been told that you may be made redundant now or are they just trying to make you leave due to your age?