Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

i was away to renew my car insurance and called them up, turns

Customer Question

i was away to renew my car insurance and called them up, turns out i may have forgot to tell them about a traffic offense 3 years ago and they are trying to claim back £1100....is this legal? i have made no claims
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Can we have the background please and what is £1100 for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

basically i asked to change my excess and they said that i hadnt told them i got a TS10 in 25/05/10 and they are wanting me to backpay the difference the annual cost in insuring my car would be over the last 3 years compared to what they had originally quoted it as being, to me i cant see why i should seeing as i have been paying them, havint made a claim and that if i had attempted to then it would be invalid and they wouldnt of had to assist me in a claim if you follow what i mean? any advise would be great thanks

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

In my opinion they are only entitled to increase on this year because they suffered no loss in previous years.

If the persist tell them that you are referring the matter to the financial ombudsman.

Meanwhile you need to be careful that they dont cancel the insurance