In summary of the summary I have already sent:
- received letter from Vodafone stating monies were owed
- phoned Vodafone on three occasions to make payment, the agents couldnt find my account details, told me they couldnt take the payment because they couldnt find my account.
- had a friend work out my account number, contacted Vodafone and made payment
- account had already been passed to debt collection agency as three months had passed
- vodafone placed default on my credit report because of the time lapsed
- I have asked them to remove the default as I tried to make the payment, they say no because my account number was on the original letter they sent me and that if I had had that when I phoned the agent would have been able to find my account
- I feel this is unfair and want the default removed.
So my question is, do you think I can get the default removed based on this information and should I consider taking Vodafone to court over this?