UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

A few months ago I applied for a copy of my statement from

Customer Question

A few months ago I applied for a copy of my statement from the CPS and what I received was a typed copy and I estimate that approximately 55% of my statement is missing. Two months ago I requested copies of my 4 written exhibits and the ICO advised me 1 can be found but the remaining 3 are missing! What can I do to address this?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Is the matter going to Court?
Expert:  joannem1965 replied 4 years ago.
Hello. What are the exhibits?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The exhibits were papers where I wrote on and one of them was a printed local map where I entered CCTV locations and routes that this stranger took. That map is missing. Direction and Control is what the Professional Standards claim was the result of my complaint but my complaint is about those 3 detectives hiding my evidence. The DI who headed the case admitted he did it but who would believe me?

What did he say he had done?
The only thing you can do is this:

1) Complain to the Chief Constables Office

They will investigate this and any corruption.

The matter can then be referred to:

2) IPCC

They are independent, free and can investigate the complaint.

If you unhappy with the result then you can consider:

3) Judicial Review

This is where the Courts review the decisions of the Police and see if they are legal and reasonable.

A Court can affirm, quash or change any decision.

The Court can see if the Police have taken into account irrelevant factors or failed to take into account relevant factors.

But the Court can review the Police decision and can see whether it is legal and reasonable.

But these are the only legal options.

If you exhaust all 3 then that, legally, is the end of the matter.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Hello. You can complain about them destroying evidence. If these exhibits are created by you though then you can insist upon giving new ones.It won't mean the court can't use them. It would have to be dated and the delay explained.
I am sorry but if the exhibits were created by you then it would be impossible for you to insist on the Police to give you new ones.

They could not do that if you created them.

In any event you would need to supply a supplementary statement saying that these new exhibits were replacements and not the original.

Continuity would therefore need to be established.