UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

In British law magic mushrooms are illegal but having spores

Customer Question

In British law magic mushrooms are illegal but having spores are not. I use mshrooms for medical reasons as I suffer from Cluster Headaches and it is the only drug that works for the relief from constant pain, my doctor is looking into giving me a certificate for the mushrooms itself so I am noot breaking the law by growing the mushrooms. My question is can I set up a clinic for cluster headaches and sell the spores to grow mushrooms to all sufferers who choose this alternative medicine and not break the law.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

No.

This is because it is only legal to sell the spores for research purposes only.

If you set up a clinic and offer out spores you would be acting illegally.

It must be for research purposes only as cultivation is also illegal.

You would be guilty causing or permitting others to grow, or concerned in the supply of.

As such you can only sell them for research purposes only.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So my undersatanding is i can import growkits for research and resell to cluster headache patients for research purposes

Research only.