UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

a pysciatrist wrote a report about me and said he was in my

Customer Question

a pysciatrist wrote a report about me and said he was in my house for an hour when he was in here an hour he also wrote blatent lies about me saying i was a convicted burglar i told the solicitor they were lies the solicitor was diong a personnel injury case on a no win no fee thingy as i had had an accident at work in2008 i was incidentley a prison officer (you can see how the report saying i was a convicted burglar was a lie) because of the lies the pysciatrist saidin the report my so.licitor said he couldnt take the case to court onthe grounds that based on the report we wouldnt win hence i ran out of time and cant claim the solicitor wouldnt listen when i told himthe report was inacurate andthatthe guy lied about how longhe was here he said he was a professional and he hadto take what wasin the report as the truth so between the solicitor and the pysciatrist i have lost my chanceof claiming on my accident at work ive been accused ofbeing a convictedburglar and lostmychance of getting compensation for myaccident i now have fibromyalgia (asa result ofthe accident)ptsd depression panic attacks anxiety attacks and amon medication for the restof my life i am on morphine for pain every day and loads of other medication i wont work again and cant claim because ofthe incompetence of one psyciatrists who wrote a report based on lies and based on not talking to me as he wasnt here long enough and a solicitor who even after reading the report and knowing that i was a prison officer therefor couldnt be a convicted burglar still chose to go on what was saidin the report its all very comclicated to explain and isnt helped by thefact half the medication im on causes memory loss and confusion i do have a copy of the report but i dont know who to turn to now becausei have run out of time to claim for my accident through no fault of mine surely this isnt allowedto happen its not fair can i do anything about itr
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

So why did he say you were a convicted burglar when you were not?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i havent got a clue and is this going to cost me more than 47 pounds to talk to you and do i have to pay anymore money after today i dontwant to join any membership

Yes its a one off fee for this.

When did he produce the report?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

last year around may/june time i have spent all this time trying to find out what i could do about it when i ahve been well enough

In that case if the writer was negligent in what he put you could issue a claim against him.

You would need to show:

1) he owed a duty
2) he breached that duty
3) you suffered as a result

I think in this case there is a clear breach but it needs to be established exactly what he put what he did.

You could also sue for breach of contract under S.13 of the Sale & Supply Goods & Services Act in that he failed to act with all reasonable skill and care.

You could potentially sue for professional negligence and loss of chance.

As such you would be able to issue proceedings.

But sadly you would need a Solicitor to draft proceedings and present your argument in Court.

If you have home or motor insurance with legal cover this may cover this for you. Or it is possible you may get legal aid depending on your circumstances.

But based on what you have said, it does sound like you may have a claim.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so you think its worth me persuing only it has been really stressful so far i dont want to go to a solicitor and ask them to persue it if im just going to get laughed at sorry to ask such a thing but i feel like im gwettingnowhere

Yes if the comments are not true, you have a copy of the report then yes it will be worth pursuing.

I hope that clarifies.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou i have been searching for months to find someone who can give me the advice do i need a criminal solicitor or one who deals in negligence or are they the same

Not a criminal Solicitor but a Professional Negligence Solicitor.

Please remember to give me a great rating - thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry to sound thick but will i find them listed as negligence solicitors or will i need to ring round to find one by asking all the solicitors

Negligence Solicitors yes.

But you should be able to tell this from their website etc.

UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice