12826847

I had a contract with Countrywide to sell my property. They

Customer Question

I had a contract with Countrywide to sell my property. They wrote to tell me they were cancelling the agreement as per their contractual terms and conditions. They now say I owe them 225 pounds. According to the agreement I signed, this charge is applicable if the seller withdraws the property from sale ( which I have not done ) but it does not state that I am liable to pay this if they choose to end the contract. I would like to know if I must pay this. All upfront marketing fees and charges have been paid.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Could you please let me know what it says in the Agreement as regards the payment of £225? (Is it under the heading- Schedule of Prepayments/other Charges ?)

AL