12826847

i have been to my local GP, five times since July 2012 seen

Customer Question

i have been to my local GP, five times since July 2012 seen a different doctor each time and in january 2013 i was finally referred to the hospital. after discussing my symptoms with each doctor i was told it was a virus it will settle down. All my problems were in my ear and throat, the GP,s would say your ear drum looks a little dull , theres no infection. so i have just been taking tablets you buy over the counter. sudafed decongestant tablets, throat sweets all sorts. after having a mri scan ,a cat scan a couple of visits to ENT . i had a biopsy two weeks ago had the results last week to tell me i have a tumour on the back of my tongue.. i have also seen my dentist twice because i could,nt open my jaw properly which i also told the doctors and the fact my tounge was swollen.do you think i have a case to complain, i think its dreadfull i have had to wait this long to get it sorted when i knew something was wrong. if only they had listened to me. i am not one for going to the doctors i am normally a fit person.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Is this a medical or legal question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What more information do you require.Laughing

I am asking if this is a legal or medical question :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is a legal question for a case against a medical practice.

Ok and what is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

compensation for negligence, stress, and discomfort that five different doctors from the same practice has put me through.

How much are you looking to claim?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

will get in touch when we have more details. thankyou.

Ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Taking into account the expenses to and from cheltenham oncology hospital, five days a week for six weeks, loss of earnings that include commission for a period of 6 months minimum to a year, the stress and worry brought on of being told the diagnosis of having a tumour, and due to the gross misconduct and negligence shown by six doctors and a triage nurse of the NHS, i am looking at a compensation figure in the region of twenty thousand pound.

Yours sincerely

Lorraine Apperley.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have not had a reply to my reply below.