12826847

Last September I purchased a Beko tumble dryer from Very, on

Customer Question

Last September I purchased a Beko tumble dryer from Very, on a buy now pay next year arrangement. In the early hours of January 6th I awoke to find my utility room ablaze. It was completely gutted. It later came to light that this machine was up for recall due to a faulty capacitor, that could potentially cause fire.

After a forensic examination, it was revealed this was the cause.

At no time did I receive any form of communication from Beko or Very warning me to unplug this machine & contact them! They did put a small advert in the local & national newspaper, which is of no help to me as I barely buy or read these.

I know that legal & general, my insurance company, are dealing with this , but I would like to know my rights as a consumer as to claiming compensation & whether I have to still pay for a machine that only lasted four months, claimed a large quantity of my possessions, put lives at risk & is costing me a fortune in laundry bills.

Yours sincerely

S.Stanley
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

Can you quantify the cost of all the damage caused?

AJ
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Does not answer my question I will not be paying for this service