12826847

Can a Tenant farmer be removed from his land if the contract

Customer Question

Can a Tenant farmer be removed from 'his' land if the contract is still valid? Tenant farmer been on the land and invested money and time over 60 years. Also part of a Government sponsored scheme??
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A married couple have been farming in the Ne England for 60 years under contract. They have also improved and added to the value of the land with own investment. They still have a valid contract. Their son is due to continue the work and was Government sponsored under a Shepherding scheme. This has been renewed but they now have been told to vacant home and land within a month or so by the Landlord for no good reason.... they have nowhere to go and are very anxious.

Has the tenancy been breached?

Have proceedings been issued?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not that I am aware, the tenancy has not been breached. There is to be a court hearing in early April issued against them, ie to evict..... they hope to defend themselves which is not a good idea. I feel that they need representation.

HH

On what basis is possession being sought?