12826847

Hi I wonder if you can help. My husband had an affair last

Customer Question

Hi I wonder if you can help. My husband had an affair last year we managed to get through it with the help of relate. This week I have received 3 phone calls to the house one early evening Tuesday when my husband was driving home she said hello and then hang up Not realising at first it was her number I phoned back but she did not pick up. And 2 this morning I did not phone back. I then received a text to my mobile with a long rambling story saying sorry it was a mistake, Which I regret I replied to saying thanks for the message so as not to cause any more upset would she have any objections to letting us or a third party see her itemised bill so there can be no doubt they are not in contact. She has not replied. I can only assume this is for one of two reasons the affair continues or she wants to cause trouble.

My husband is adamant he knows nothing is there anything we can do to get her to wipe our details from her phone or legally stop her contacting us.

You can always make an allegation to the police of harassment but the most they would do is give her a harassment warning to stop her contacting you. That might be enough to deal with the problem.

She cannot be forced to remove the number from her phone I'm afraid.

You could also seek an injunction from the local county court but there would be cost in that and for three phone calls alone it might be refused. I wouldn't suggest that at this stage.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.