13262538

My wife and i are having problems and dont want to be together

Customer Question

My wife and i are having problems and don't want to be together anymore. We have a 4 week old baby and she is American and i am South African and we both live in the UK. She wants to move back to the states and take the baby with her. is there anything i can do so that she has to stay in the uk with the baby so i can see him on a regular basis?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
In fact neither of you are entitled to remove the child from the UK without the consent of the other party or an order from the court.
If you believe that there is a real risk of her doing so then you need to apply to the court for a Prohibited steps order - and get assistance from the Charity Reunite (www.reunite.org)
Claire