12826847

MY NEIGHBOUR (CONVICTED FOR BENEFIT FRAUD) HAS REPEATEDLY CALLED

Customer Question

MY NEIGHBOUR (CONVICTED FOR BENEFIT FRAUD) HAS REPEATEDLY CALLED POLICE OUT ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS ACCUSING US OF EITHER PARKING IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE ( NORMAL STREET) OR DOG FOULING ( HIS LATEST) OR THREATS TO KILL - A LOAD OF RUBBISH AS WE ARE BOTH EX-POLICE OFFICERS - WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE! HE WATCHES OUR EVERY MOVE AND CONSTANTLY SPIES ON MY 17 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER - IT IS BEYOND A JOKE NOW .

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi we want to know where we stand as he is constantly calling police or dog warden and we all think - that is my other neighbour who has had problems that he is trying to goad us into verbal or physical violence.

We are fed upnow, he ande his partner dont work but seem envious of what others have or have worked for - I am worried now he is watching and following my daughters moves

How you stand in relation to what?

Whats your specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

To the knocking on the door of North Yorks Police, he even made up an alegation that my husband had made threats to kill - I was with him when this was alleged - no way - just worried that he is wasing police time etc and where can we go from here -my husband is Scottish and he calls him and I think there may be a racial element also involved - I am disabled and was retired out of SOCO forensics and think he is takingt advantage as he has been convicted before.

I'm not sure what you mean by where can you go?

What is your question about this?

What are you trying to achieve?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, we have been cool through all this but it is now ecoming wearing. Casn we make a harrassment order against said neighbour and also against North Yorks Police who have found nothing to substantiate the neighbours allegations. We have had our grandchildren today and they were upsett this has gone beyond a joke but or neighbour and his wife do not work and watch everything that goes on in the street - they have also fallen out and made allegations against another neighbour.

You cannot get an order against the police. They are just responding to allegations which they are under zn obligation to do. The are lots of human rights authorities that demand that they consider every complaint.

There has been a case called Waxman that has suggested that it is possible to harass a person by making a large number of either false or truthful allegations that amount to only things so trivial that the reasonable person would not think them worthy of the attention of the police.

You will find a very comprehensive article upon the point here

http://www.1itl.com/news/270/

However, you should bear in mind that the case of Waxman involved literally thousands of allegations spanning over many years.

Also, you wil have to prove the allegations are false or very trivial. Its very hard to prove allegations are false. The fact that they were investigated and not acted upon does not prove a falsehood.

In many ways its easier to show allegations are very trivial but you should be aware that although you are describing very minor offences, they are not lightly going to be considered too trivial to be proper reports by the county court I'm afraid.

I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.