UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

my friend has threatened me with going to a small claims court,2yrs

Customer Question

my friend has threatened me with going to a small claims court,2yrs ago i borrowed clothes off her for my hols,she took back what wouldnt fit me or wasnt my taste.last week igave her back what i had worn and all i had of hers and now she is denying i gave her them back.she gave me a detailed list of where the clothes came from ie;mostly high end shops and wants me to pay around £300 orshe will take me to court.she gets legal aid i dont.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

She won't get legal aid.

This is a small claim and you don't get legal aid for a small claim,

If you dispute what she is saying and I assume you do, then do not pay her.

She brings the claim, she will have to prove that you did not return the clothes.

Bearing in mind you have returned the clothes and it has been 2 years I just think this is a threat and any claim may well fail.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thankyou ,i am more worried about the court finding in her favour as i have niether parties have proof.i gave her back some clothes that did fit me and it wasnt good enough for her,we hadnt fallen out previously just hadnt seen each other until this.she sent her children for the clothes i had in my posession,i washed and dried them and took them back personally and then she vrebally abused me,

I would not worry it sounds like empty threats
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its just worrying asi dont know where this has come from,as far as i was aware we were friends ,i havnt seen her since she had her ababy last october and cant understand her motives,if she had asked me personally i could have explained calmly but now im exhausted with it i dont want to talk ,she has hurt my feelings ,thinking i would do such a thing to what i thought was my friend.she is very angry and as our hubbys work together its arkward.she owes me money andi have made a list,but i wouldnt have if this hadnt have happened i just wrote it off.thankyou i just needed to get this off my chestxxx

Welcome
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice