Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I wish to appoint my daughter to deal with my affairs in case

Customer Question

I wish to appoint my daughter to deal with my affairs in case I become unable to deal with things myself. How do I go about this please.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.
1. Essentially what you do is to create a Lasting Power of Attorney in relation to your affairs in favour of your daughter. This can be done online and here is a link to a website which allows you to do it online http://www.tenminutewill.co.uk/home_page.cgi?page=46. There are two types of Lasting Powers of Attorney. Once which relates to your Health & Welfare and another which relates to your Property & Financial Affairs. in each case, your daughter will be able to register the Power when you no longer are able to handle your own affairs and she will then be able to deal with your affairs. This will apply even if you loose your mind, such as where dementia sets in.
Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hoe does my daughter register the Power and do I need to be there?

Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.
2. Registration of the power only occurs when you loose your legal capacity and are not able to handle your affairs. Registration only occurs then and you are not present and there is no need for you to be present. There is no registration of the lasting power of attorney upon creation of the lasting power of attorney.