13262538

Hi there, im wanting a divorce from my husband which he is

Customer Question

Hi there, i'm wanting a divorce from my husband which he is well aware of, the reason for divorce is for irreconcilable differences, but what i am wondering, at the moment i am living in a 3 bedroom house with our kids aged 19, and 21 years old, and my husband , who i want to divorce lives here too, is it possible to still live in the same house and still divorce, i would move out eventually but for financial reasons, it's easier to stay living in same house, altogether, also being on benefits does our money stay the same? i hope you can help me with these questions. Thankyou.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire, we live in a housing association house, sorry i forgot to say

That is fine.
Just to check are you intending to divorce on the basis of Unreasonable Behaviour?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

reason for divorce is, irreconcilable differences

It has to be proved in a specific way - details hers
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/grounds-for-divorce
If you decide that you do wish to go ahead on the basis of Unreasonable Behaviour then whilst you can remain in the same property you need to be living separately - so no cooking cleaning or washing for him
It would also be better to move into another bedroom if that can be arranged
You will also need to make a separate benefit claim
Claire