Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

Hi I have been employed on contact by the same employer since

Customer Question

Hi I have been employed on contact by the same employer since July 2007 the job has been ongoing from idenitifing the problem and then working with the department by creating the required data for managing the problem and directing all involved parties.
I am now being asked to provide the job description for this role and then to apply how does this affect my rights? if they decide I am not to be recruited for this post.
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question. Can you explain what you mean by employed on contract? Are you a permanent full time employee. Is there a redundancy, consultation occurring?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am employed through an agency initial requirement to establish why the firm could not get an accurate cost of sale on retail goods and after reviewing the situation at the time and giving my recommendations I have been kept on to manage the situation during the implementation of a full stock system while creating the current information required for buyers warehouse management and retail field teams to ensure quality and accuracy of stock management and valuation in the company (current value £1million) There is no redundancy occurring as this is being treated as this is a "new" post although the job description is to be based on my current role which I can apply for which is why I ask what are my rights to this being continuous employment and maintained income level
Ok thanks that is helpful. If you are employed as an agency worker then you have no rights to unfair dismissal redundancy although you do have the right to be treated equally with the employees of the company you work for. If you apply fro the role as an employer and do not get it then I am afraid you have no recourse. In deed you need to check that your agency cannot demand a fee if they offer you direct employment. It is i am afraid one of the problems of being an agency worker - you are not an employee of the company you work for - only of the agency.

Let me know if I can clarify anything or you want further information.