12826847

I have brought a new car 12 months ago, I have a few problems

Customer Question

I have brought a new car 12 months ago, I have a few problems still with the car at this time. |The manufacturer says tthe fauts do not effect the performance I disagree, The problem I have is with the brakes when reversing the noise is verry annoying. They are still trying to com up with a fix. What are my rights
What exactly would you like to know?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have I the right to reject the vehicle

I'm sorry for the delay. I did respond to this but it didn't upload. I'm not sure why that happened.

In any event, I'm afraid its fairly bad news. Its really hard to reject a vehicle under the SGA. Case law has developed in such a way that you have to show it is literally falling apart and that is not your complaint.

Thats not to say that you don't have rights to ask for a repair. It is 12 months old and so you will have the burden of proving the fault existed at the time of sale although if this is a new car then that should not be impossible.

However, given the nature of the fault a repair would be more appropriate.

In relation to the manufacturer's point, it depends on the nature of the fault. I must admit that noise alone is not a performance issue. The question is that whether there is an underlying fault causing the noise which seems likely.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.