My 14 year old son is diabetic , he had a hypo and was unable

Customer Question

My 14 year old son is diabetic , he had a hypo and was unable to attend a dental appointment, i contacted them at 09h00 to say he would be unable to attend that day at 16h00. i was told that as this was the 2nd time in 12 months he wouth be removed from the NHS list and they would send a letter. A letter has arrived addressed to my son explaining that under current regulations he can no longer receive NHS Treatment.

My question is i beleive this to be discrimination againts a disabled person and as he is only 14 years old should not have been swnt a letter.

After receiving this letter he was upset to think his condition had got him in truoble.

I thank you for your advise

Best regards

Mr J M Young

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this discrimation against a disabled person, as due to no fault of hois own he has been struck off NHS list .

Its nothing to do with his disability.

Its to do with the fact that he didn't attend for an appointment.

Most dentists have a time limit of between 6 – 18 months before they remove a person from NHS lists. Its up to the individual practice how long the time limit is.

Normally they will give you three chances and if you fail to attend three times they can remove you.

If you give them 24 hours notice usually that will not count but you did not I'm afraid.

In fairness, there are only limited places available on NHS dentists lists. If you don't attend regularly then they have to offer the place to another patient.

I'm very sorry but they have to justify how public money is spent

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.