UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

dear Sir/Mam I am an NHS doctor on Tier 2 visa for 2.5 years

dear Sir/Mam
I am an NHS doctor on Tier 2 visa for 2.5 years now. My current visa ends in April & I got a sponsorship for an extra 2 years. I had my first baby born here in the UK in October 2012.I took him home, Egypt, in the new year. Now I am back, but I don't know what is the quickest way to bring him back to me. Can I issue a visit visa & when he & my wife arrive, I apply for the new Tier 2 for all of us or shall they apply for theirs and I apply for mine !!! Can they apply for the new Tier 2 visa from Egypt while I apply for myself from here? Can I apply for all of us from here ,despite they are in Egypt (afetr getting their passports) ?please advise me.

My best regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my question positively.

You must now apply for their visa seperately to yours as they are from outside of the UK. What you must do is submit their application after either obtaining your Tier 2 visa or prior to applying for your visa, by using the following form:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/apply-outside-uk/

They will not be able to arrive to the UK on a visit visa and apply from inside the UK as they cannot switch to a different visa category whilst they are in the UK on a visit visa.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the advice

Did you mean that they can apply now from Egypt for the new. Visa that will start in April before I apply for mine from here?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

I would suggest that you wait until you obtain your visa rather than apply for them first. The reason being in that as of now you only have a visa for a month or so left, on that basis if your wife applies then the UKBA will state that your husband's visa is coming to an end in a month or so and there is no gaurentee (non the UKBA at the time will be aware of anyway) that you will apply and be issued with a visa for another 2 years.

Therefore I would suggest that you apply for your visa first and then use your visa to obtain a visa for your wife and child. This would give them a good 2 years base to apply from rather then on the basis of just 1 month or so.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.