UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007

how can i challage camden council for refusing to grant me

Customer Question

how can i challage camden council for refusing to grant me a renewel of the blue badge which i have held for 9 years
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

From the website:

Stage 1 Appeal

If your application for the service is refused, you will receive a letter advising reasons for refusal together with an Appeal Form. An appeal must be made in writing within 28 days of the date of the refusal letter.

a. You should include with your appeal any information that you believe to be relevant, for instance further information on your mobility impairment, diagnosis, prognosis, and medication, and why you feel you need the service. This should be a letter or report from a medical professional i.e. hospital consultant, physiotherapist, occupational therapist. This needs to be current and relevant to the eligibility criteria.

b. We will acknowledge your appeal within five working days of receipt.

c. The independent assessors will review additional information provided against the Scheme’s eligibility criteria.
After considering your appeal we will either:

Approve you for the service, and send you a confirmation letter
Offer you a mobility assessment

Refuse the appeal, and write giving our reasons

Stage 2 Disretionary Review (after appeal refusal)

a. If you are refused the service after an appeal assessment , the Council offer a Stage 2 Discretionary Review if you still consider that you meet the Scheme’s eligibility criteria. You will be required to provide further additional information previously unsubmitted that could possibly change the original appeal refusal decision.

You should request a review within 28 working days of the date of the letter refusing the service. Your review will be conducted by a panel of 3 persons, possibly including an independent member of an locla authority disability group.

b. An appointment for the review date will be sent as soon as possible.

c. You will be informed of the panel’s decision of the assessment within 10 x working days, unless the panel requires further evidence from a health professional, when this may take longer.

d. The decision of the panel is final. There is no further appeal after this decision.

Therefore you should appeal the decision.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?