UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Hi I have a small jewellery business, I was in contract with

Hi I have a small jewellery business, I was in contract with Retail Merchant services, they promised me a "mobile rather than static" terminal between September and December of last year, the terminal I had was slow at connecting and the salesman had told me that would sort the problem out. when they failed to deliver after numerous calls i went to another supplier...they are now saying I have to pay them £1006 close out fee, how do I dispute that ? thanks, Fiona

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Did they try and charge you between September and December?

Did you notify them that you were going to leave if they did not resolve your problem?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Attachment: 2013-02-26_091123_rms__fsds.docx

I literally couldnt get hold of them, I did tell Tony Starling the Salesmen I wouldnt stay if it if it wasnt resolved but that was back in November, he kept saying the terminal was coming not that I hadnt completed paperwork, I would of absolutley completed the paperwork if I had received it I was desperate to get the mobile terminal , he said the situation was completely unacceptable and why he had copied his manager

In that case you do not have to pay.

They were meant to provide a service - they did not.

You should not have to pay.

You were without a terminal from September to December.

Had it not been for the fact they failed to send it - then you would have stayed.

So no - you do not have to pay.

They are in breach of contract because they have failed to act with all reasonable skill and care.

Do not be bullied into paying - they want to charge you for a service that they did not and could not provide.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did have a terminal a static terminal, but not the mobile unit verbally promised by their representative. They said the original paperwork was for a static terminal but that was not what I had been promised.. see letter attachment

Yes.

That is why they are in breach.

You didnt get what you were meant to and now expected to pay for!

Dont pay - dont be bullied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Attachment: 2013-02-26_101332_fsds26.docx

Here the letter I intend sending anything I shd word differently ? I spoke to this Matt on the fone he wants a war I'm trying to avoid one.

No that is fine.

Just say they are in breach and you wouldn't pay for something you didn't have!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Great thanks ... sure they're will be a follow up, sending letter this morning.

Great.

Please remember to my answer a good rating.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I thot I did rate once yesterday do I have to rate more than once ?

It does not show as being rated, if you could now I would be grateful.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've been charged twice by just answer once on 6th March once on 27th February please refund one of these amonts

Ok - you need to contact customer services for that.

I am a lawyer and dont have access to the back-end.