13262538

Can social services make to take courses, within a child protection

Customer Question

Can social services make to take courses, within a child protection situation. There has been no offence taken place it is just a perceived situation
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
Have they asked her to do a course and what other restrictions have they imposed?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tamara's social work team have said no access visits with pete which has majorly upset my grandson and she has to take course on parenting and seeing risk from an abuser, she already sees the risk. I have another grandchild who live in another part of Dorset and pete can see him with supervision

How did Social Services first become involved?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

pete had to give a dna sample under operation nutmeg, as he had offended against a child, we have been advised nothing new came to light the police just advise if any children are in contact with an offender. Pete has never re-offended and his has been in and out of hospital for the last five years as he has had Cancer, he was squashed by a car after putting in a gear box and he has had two major heart operations. Only last year we were risk assessed by Poole social care as we have a teenage son who went into care as he choose to and he was returned to us because he choose to after social care had risk assessed us all as a family

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

because of operation nutmeg

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can you confirm if you help me

Ok - so in fact Social Services were well aware of the situation last year?
Have they any other reason to be involved with your daughters children?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

These needs a two fold approach.
Your daughter needs to grit her teeth and take the course to reassure social services that her relationship with your husband has survived Because she knows there is a risk which she is able to manage and not because she is ignoring it.
At the same time you and your husband should ask to speak to the senior manager dealing with the case and discuss why the risk assessment done last year is not seen as sufficient
You can get help and support from the Family Rights Group (www.frg.org.uk)
Claire